Bay Equity LLC, San Francisco, CA (September 2012 to Present)
- Analyze and review documentation in file to verify accuracy of application and support underwriting decision
- Review and analyze assets, tax returns, tax transcripts and/or other income documents, preliminary report, purchase contracts
- Perform loan file review and underwriting to determine compliance with investor guidelines, underwriting policy and procedures
- Review loan conditions as set forth by Senior Underwriter, including but not limited to, tax returns, title reports, credit reports, income and assets documentation and appraisal conditions within 24-48 hours to meet company’s turn times
- Review and clear prior to documentation and funding conditions and send updated approval
- Update Automated Underwriting Systems (AUS) per new information received, assess results and generate necessary loan conditions using DU, DataTrac
- Run Desktop Underwriter (DU) with updated calculations, appraisal value prior to final approval ensuring both DU and AUS systems match. Run Fannie Mae Early Check to ensure all data entry in file is consistent
- Assess fraud indicators and report suspicious activity according to company policy
- Re work files based on changes and updates to loan terms, conditions, investors
- Issue loan approvals based on the overall worthiness of borrower(s)
- Communicate to origination group and management matters related to underwriting
First Republic Bank, Phoenix, AZ (July 2011 to August 2012)
- Reviewed loan application to determine the completeness of all documents and verify the borrower’s qualification for specified loan product
- Set-up loan files and identify missing documentation and/or problems and communicate these to loan officers, borrowers, escrow /title companies, attorneys
- Analyzed each loan file, ensuring the LAW form/narrative, appraisal, application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market, investors and the Bank’s loan program criteria and are accurately documented.
- Analyzed and calculated borrower(s) assets and collaterals and determine if borrower has the capacity to repay
- Prepared loan files for closing and funding by reviewing loan documents accuracy and by completing the Request for Documents form to ensure all regulatory information and loan terms are accurately input into the computer system (Power Lender) to meet RESPA, HMDA, ECOA and compliance requirements.
- Worked with closer, funder, escrow, title and out of state attorneys to clear prior to closing and funding conditions
- Communicated with customers, providing excellent customer service and ensuring the customer relationship is maintained at the highest possible level.
First Republic Bank, Phoenix, AZ (September 2006 to June 2011)
Senior Loan Funder
- Ensured the accurate and timely funding of real estate loans for single family, 1-4, home equity lines, Co-op single family construction and commercial real estate for California and other states.
- Audited the loan file for funding conditions, compliance of company policy, federal regulation and applicable state laws.
- Reviewed funding package to ensure that documents have been accurately and fully executed
- Received, reviewed and approved all signed loan closing documents for completeness and compliance
- Completed all internal funding documentation and distribute to appropriate departments
- Disbursed loan funds to title companies or attorneys and copy of loan funding documentation to accounting department and other applicable departments
- Coordinated with Loan Delivery to ensure timely deliveries and complete files
- Follow up post close conditions/documents with attorneys, borrowers, escrow and loan teams as needed
- Adhered to and complied with the applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, etc.
- Trained and assisted escrow agents and out of state attorneys in completing the new RESPA HUD.
- Supported Manager during vacations and absences by assigning packages to funders and answered general funding inquiries from loan teams, escrows, titles and out of state attorneys
First Republic Bank, Phoenix, AZ (October 2002 to August 2006)
New Loan Boarding Specialist
- Set up new loans and construction to perm loan in the system
- Verified data in Power Lender against documents in the file for accuracy
- Prepared monthly and quarterly report of new loans funded/boarded using Access and Monarch
- Prepared quarterly, concentration, multi-loan per property reports
- Responded to requests and general loan servicing inquiries from borrowers, loan teams and branches
Town and Country Credit, San Francisco, CA (December 2001 to September 2002)
- Reviewed new applications for completeness and identified any missing documents before processing
- Examined loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Evaluated credit and property acceptability in accordance with company’s underwriting guidelines
- Verified employment, mortgage history/payments, rental income, insurance
- Reviewed reports and loan files for funding ensuring accuracy and completeness
B.S. in Business Administration – California State University of Long Beach, Long Beach, CA