Work Experience Bank Of America, Newport Beach, CA (May 2006 to Present) Financial Analyst
- Prepared monthly financial reporting for 2 Life Insurance Companies including STAT and GAAP variance analysis, journal entries and different schedules of reconciliation.
- Performed and coordinated the quarterly and annual statutory filing process. Assisted month end process for 3 Property & Casualty Insurance Companies including variance analysis and account reconciliation.
- Provided support for the Transition Service Agreement by preparing monthly TSA statement and invoices as well as monitor and prepare daily investment activities.
- Engaged in the annual audited financial statements and DOI examinations by providing financial data, system data and various ad hoc reports as requested.
- Assisted in establishing internal controls and desktop procedures.
- Reviewed SSAPS, NAIC regulations to determine any necessary changes in filing requirements as well as updating checklists and procedures for the department.
- Reported and organized compliance filings for more than 300 regulatory agencies for 14 states and 6 companies throughout the year in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Maintained and updated account trees and allocation tables. Continuously streamlined work process by modifying and automating the reports.
- Provided training to other team members and performed various ad-hoc projects.
Pacificare, Cypress, CA (May 2004 to May 2006) Financial Analyst
- Performed monthly close process for the revenue team and the capitation team.
- Analyzed capitation expenses as well as hospital and medical incentive programs.
- Processed monthly accruals and other write-off journal entries. Tracked provider invoices and calculated estimated accruals.
- Updated provider balance sheet reports to reconcile between general ledger and provider sub ledger levels.
- Prepared quarterly and annually external reporting – the Statutory filing.
- Reviewed GAAP and STAT financials for reasonableness and accuracy against prior period filings to comply with NAIC regulations.
- Ensured the completeness & accuracy of the Notes to Financial Statements as well as supporting schedules and exhibits in Statutory filing.
- Maintained, updated the statutory filing procedures, and improved the process.
- Trained and assisted other team members as needed.
Pacific Life, Newport Beach, CA (December 2003 to May 2004) Accounting Analyst
- Provided accounting support for 6 subsidiaries such as recording, monitoring, and reconciling GL activities.
- Monitored daily cash activities including disbursement and receipt of funds.
- Assisted the preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements as well as the audited financial statement.
- Performed ad hoc reports and special projects.
American Express, Minneapolis, MN (June 2000 to December 2003) Financial Analyst
- Provided financial support for Annuities and Insurance business groups.
- Prepared timely and accurate monthly financial reports including expense and staff analysis reports, SEC reports, variance analysis, ad hoc reports, and other financial modeling support (CBAs) to determine the financial impact.
- Coordinated planning process for the department as well as the annual business review for Rating Agencies and internal clients. Consolidated quarterly financial reports for the department such as key indicators, P&L, allocation, cash sales, etc.
- Processed monthly journal entries and prepared bank deposits. Researched expense questions for upper management team.
- Maintained and updated reporting procedures. Assisted Products Management Team in special projects.
- Worked extensively with Access creating a database for payroll reconciliation reports.
- Communicated with Field Office about cash reporting discrepancies and resolved outstanding items on bank reconciliation for 9 bank accounts.
- Enhanced Evergreen forecasting techniques, Mars, other software applications, and the economic modeling techniques.
- Developed ad hoc reports for better management decision-making as needed.
Bachelors of Science in Accounting – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI