Anvil Knitwear, New York, NY (January 2008 to Current)
Accounts Payable Analyst
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable processes.
- Ensured input and timely payment of all vendor invoices.
- Process and audit of Employee Expense reports
- Responsible for weekly check run and positive pay transmission.
- Program Administrator for American Express Business Travel Account and Purchasing Cards.
- Program Administrator for in house Accounts Payable Imaging System.
- Resolves collection and invoice discrepancy matters.
- Setup and Process of 1099 vendors and yearly reporting to Internal Revenue Service.
- Assisted in Month End Closing and Year end close.
- Work closely with Auditors during bank and yearly audit.
- Rectified escalated accounts payable issues from employees and vendors.
- Balanced batch summary reports for verification and approval.
- Suggested process improvements to secure prompt and regular receipts for the organization.
- Verified details of transactions, including funds received and total account balances.
SFX Industries, New York, NY (January 2002 to January 2008)
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Processed and audited Employee Expense Reports utilizing American Express Reporting System.
- Processed Month End closing and reports.
- Setup and maintenance of vendor database.
- Process and fulfill check requests and wire transfers.
- Setup and maintenance of vendor filing system.
- Daily interaction with vendors.
- Coordinated approval processes of all accounts payable invoices.
- Coded the general ledger and processed vendor invoice payments.
- Researched and resolved billing and invoice problems.
JP Morgan-Chase, New York, NY (2001 to 2002)
Rate Reset Clerk
- Handled incoming rate resets from London for future payments, organized resets by date, currency and counter party.
- Responsible for confirmation of settlement amounts and instructions of interest rate swaps.
- Responsible for update and maintenance of the TSS database.
- Reconciled incoming rate refix and payment confirmations for London, New York and Tokyo branches.
- Flagged incorrect settlement amounts and submits queries via Lotus Notes database for discrepancy to be researched and corrected before settlement date.
- Assisted in creating and maintaining filing system for Rate Reset documents.
Goldman Sachs & Company, New York, NY (2000 to 2001)
Data Clerk/External Processor
- Tracked and researched stock transfers that were between 25 and 40 days old.
- Obtained confirmation of aged transfers according to SEC requirements.
- Utilized RUMBA to update the transfer files.
- Managed several tracking databases.
- Responsible for sending Status Reports to all Goldman Sachs Regional offices cashiers.
- Acted as Liaison between Client analysts and Transfer Agents.
- Obtained updates on transfers in process.
- Performed extensive research regarding IPO’s and transfers in progress.
- Created and maintained Excel spreadsheets for specific counter parties.
Chase Manhattan Bank, New York, NY (January 1999 to January 2000)
Global Derivatives Operations Documents Assistant
- Overseeing trade contracts being sent to their prospective counter party.
- Logging in of new trade documents from London and New York branches, verification of accuracy and ensuring they were delivered to the proper analyst.
- Prepping Trade contracts and other vital documents for filming archives.
- Assisted with mass mailings and other clerical duties.
Gaston College, Dallas, NC – Associate of Science Accounting