Dedicated Accounting Manager with 10 years of experience in payroll administration, corporate accounting, risk and budget analysis, and human resources. Experience also includes extensive work in accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, financial reporting, and auditing.
Protec Equipment Resources, Grand Prairie, TX (July 2011 to Current)
- Performed periodic budgeting/modeling to project monthly cash requirements.
- Prepared financial and regulatory reports required by laws and regulations for the addition and opening of offices in New Jersey and Illinois.
- Prepared monthly and annual expense forecasts, including any necessary recommended action required to manage costs to achieve budget.
- Executed accounts receivable reporting enhancements and reconciliation procedures in order to integrate QuickBooks accounting software and Sirius inventory software.
- Managed accounting operations, accounting close, account reporting and reconciliations.
- Supervised accounting clerks, team of two.
- Performed debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets/databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Received, recorded, and banked cash, checks, and vouchers as well as reconciled records of bank transactions.
- Discovered major instances of fraud and embezzlement that assisted Protec Equipment Resources in their still pending lawsuit against former employees.
- Reviewed previous accountant’Æs book entries to ensure accuracy of the G/L.
- Reviewed collection reports with the general manager to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
- Reduced accounts receivable from $600K to less than $200k in past due invoices in less than 6 months.
- Developed online invoicing procedures with several customers in order to streamline the accounts receivable process, which reduced invoice turn-around by a minimum of 30 days.
- Performed complex general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisted our CPA firm with sales tax, franchise tax, and federal tax returns for all three office locations.
Creative Type, Dallas, TX (July 2009 to March 2012)
- Developed and maintained monthly job-cost/ profit analysis spreadsheets and reported directly to the CEO of the company.
- Compiled and analyzed sales and revenue data to assist in budget preparation.
- Prepared commission statements and sales reports for the sales team on a weekly basis.
- Analyzed and approved purchases of new equipment and materials for production managers and mock up designers.
- Performed monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Carried out all necessary day to day accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, accounts payable/ receivable, bank deposits, invoicing, collections, etc.
- Assisted the CEO and President of the company in determining the valuation of the company and assets prior to the company’s buyout by Southern Graphic Systems in Feb 2011.
TFI Resources, Houston, TX (May 2008 to May 2009)
- Processed payroll for over 200 local and nationwide temporary employees and contractors on a weekly basis, while maintaining databases for over 50 recruiting agencies.
- Produced, reviewed, and distributed weekly reports to recruiters on a weekly basis, including profit, activity, and invoice aging reports.
- Assessed company credit ratings and client watch lists in order to notify upper management of potential collection risks.
- Analyzed payment cycles and researched solutions for any potential delays in payments and adjusted invoicing methods to meet the specific needs of the client.
- Performed all phases of the collections process by initiating communication with client companies to distributing invoices via fax, mail, and email, then following up with phone calls and emails for past due invoices.
- Reconciled local and national databases for gross-to-net payroll, gross-to-net invoicing, employee reimbursements, and payments received on a weekly basis.
- Mastered the FileMaker and Fireworks payroll software programs.
University of Texas – Arlington, Arlington, TX – BBA Finance